Gamer Mania 2

Sunday, March 19, 2006

UMD catalog reducing

Now that everyone's off of their UMD high, some companies are rolling back how many they make. Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire UMDThis doesn't mean you won't get most of the movies you want, movies like Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, you just won't find many movies like Coach Carter. They're calling it "cutting back on movies that don't appeal as much to the general PSP audience", so if you want any of those, you'll just have to illegally put it on your memory stick. Not that we promote illegal activity. Not at all. What do I think? Well, I bought a UMD movie a while back, and I'll tell you, I never watch it. I don't know if I'd ever buy another UMD again just because I don't have many times when I can't just watch a DVD. I think that's what's going through everyone's mind really. However, the way they're doing it, I don't know if I really agree. Some movies that they think don't appeal to the general audience might have been big sellers if they released them. You can't really judge what kind of movies people want just by the fact that they have a PSP. Anyway, in other UMD news, Sony is still going to sell their UMD/DVD combos for around $30, which is a good deal. Also, they're releasing an adapter that'll let you watch UMDs on your TV. If that works, it'll definitely make me more ok with buying UMDs. Finally, Sony's planning a download service that'll let you download movies without buying UMDs. Another great idea. And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

[Via GameInformer]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Get Firefox!
Firefox Flicks!
Locations of visitors to this page