Gamer Mania 2

Monday, October 23, 2006

Justice League Heroes (DS)

Normally I wouldn't get a game like this for the DS, but a few months ago when I was trading things in, they brought it to my attention I could save a few more bucks if I reserved a game. I scanned the sheet, nothing caught my eye, so for whatever reason this was the game I ended up with.

I haven't gotten all that far into the game, but here's what I've picked up on so far. Someone is controlling the minds of various villians and superheroes. It's your job to go around and get these mind control devices off the various individuals.

As far as gameplay is concerned, it's a button masher with a little technique mixed in. So far, 9 out of 10 villians has been a robot who shoots at you. Different characters have different fighting tecniques. I've only used Batman, Wonderwoman, and Flash so far, so here's an example of some of different fighting techniques.

Batman throws his batarang, punches, and does some explosion type attack. However, he's very slow so he's not a very good choice when fighting in areas with lots of robots.

Wonderwoman throws her lasso, punches, and does a flying twist type attack. She also flys around which is good when trying to avoid enemies.

Lastly, and probably my favorite character to use so far is Flash. Obviously, the guy is fast, and his attacks are super fast which makes me extremely affective in highly populated enemy areas.

Back to the game. You pretty much go to different areas, kill all enemies, save a civilian or two, and when you're done you move on to the next area and do the same thing. It's basically the same thing over and over again with an occasional boss battle here and there. As you go through the game and fight with certain characters, they gain additional attacks, and the attacks they already possess become more powerful.

The only true problem(s) I have with the game is lighting. If the room's not extremely bright, from time to time it becomes very hard to see the screen. There are also parts of the game that are near impossible to get through with certain characters. If it weren't for Flash, I'd still be way back at the beginning sequence or two. Other then that and the reptitive objectives, the game is kind of fun.

Like I said, I'm only 10% into the game so there might be a lot I'm missing. If there is, I'll be sure to let you guys know, but the way things look right now, this is your typical button masher.

Would I recommend this game? Probably not. It's not boring or bad, there are just a lot better games out there for the DS. If you want a Justice League game, you're probably better served to get it on a home console.

--Smiles That Kill
Writer at Smiles That Kill
Today's feature, Adult Model Ariel X

4 Comments:

  • I don't even try on these games for the DS, it's inevitable that anything not Nintendo or part of a previous good series will suck on the DS.

    By Blogger Matt, at 12:45 AM  

  • The DS really isn't made for these types of games. I knew that, I just wanted to save some more money on my trade-ins back in the day.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:53 AM  

  • You didn't save money though if you bought the game.. Smart Doug, smart :-D

    By Blogger Matt, at 3:56 PM  

  • Yeah, these games really need to be played on consoles. On handheld systems, they aren't as good.

    By Blogger wifiguy51, at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Get Firefox!
Firefox Flicks!
Locations of visitors to this page