Gamer Mania 2

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Preview

Oh how much great fun came out of Star Wars Battlefront. But I have become bored.....Played all the maps 1000 times.........Killed every faction 10000 times.......and thought "Eat THAT n00b!" a million times online. Because of that I am VERY happy that they are coming out with a revolutionary sequel to what I think is the best Star Wars game ever.[Sir you're taking fire!]Ya think?I am talking about Star Wars Battlefront 2 for the PS2, XBOX, and PC. The first thing I saw was that there is now a story mode WOOHOO! That was the one thing that made me give the first one a 4 out of 5 - No story. There are going to be 12 new maps that will include locations from Episode 3. So you can throw a stormtrooper into the exact same lava that Anakin fell into (YAAAY). Hopefully it will also include all of the maps from Battlefront 1 too. If it doesn't then screw it. You will be able to play as the 4 factions from the movies (Who didn't know that? Oh yeah that was you). This game is going to have SO MANY additions that I can't even count all of them (that also has to do with me only being able to count to 2). Let's see....There's space combat. Now you can drive an X-Wing right into the Death Star like I've always wanted to! But seriously it looks really cool. You start off on foot in a space cruiser and then you can hop in any kind of space vehicle you want and head out. You can join the battle in This ship shall never be destroyed!the air or fly to the enemy cruiser and destroy it from the inside out, take down the shields, take over the turrets and use them against the enemy ships. You could also choose to stay in your own space cruiser and kill every single little thing that tries to take it over. When I say everything I mean EVERYTHING - even the littlest fly (I know at least I will be doing that). The bad thing is that there are only going to be 2 space frontiers that you can fight on I think - The Death Star-Tantive IV frontier and the Coruscant frontiers. Another addition is the ability to 'feel the force' and turn into a jedi for a short time. Now I can kill droids in style! There will be the online play that everyone loved in Battlefront 1 with 32 players on console and 64 on PC. I am almost 100% sure this is going to be a 5 star-Star Wars game but hey, a wookie just might pilot it right into the ground. We will see when it arrives by TIE fighter in mid-November.


Preview by Ton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Get Firefox!
Firefox Flicks!
Locations of visitors to this page