Gamer Mania 2

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Playing with a 360/Call of Duty 2

Today I went to Walmart to wander around like a hobo and I remembered the 360 came out today. So, I went to electronics to see if they had any in stock. Well, of course they were out of stock, buuut they had one set up with a preview disc in it. Of course I grabbed the opportunity to touch a 360. They had a few demos on it: Kameo: Elements of Power, something, and Call of Duty 2. I had a limited amount of time so I just tried COD2. Let me tell you, the graphics are off the jello. However, I noticed the back buttons were weirdly shaped and the bottom one was hard to press for me, which just happened to be the trigger. I had about 2 guns: a Thompson and some sort of shotgun. So anyway, in the demo you're riding up in this truck and you have to hop out of the truck to attack some people, well, it took me a while to get out of the stupid truck because of the controls: Just want you to know, they are far from perfect. I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to take like 5 minutes to aim and then die when I'm fiddling with the trigger trying to press it. So I'm telling you, if you get a 360, rent this game first to see if this happens with you before you buy it. About the 360, from what I saw, the graphics are great, but it isn't worth $400. The only cool thing about the controller is a little sphere thingy in the middle with lights around it. Also, the 360 is bigger then the original XBOX, which kind of sucks, but it does look good. So from what I've seen the 360 is a pass unless you just can't wait for the Revo or PS3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Get Firefox!
Firefox Flicks!
Locations of visitors to this page