Gamer Mania 2

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Super Mario World Review

Now it is time for a review with probably the most popular and loved video game character of all time. Yes, I am of course talking about Master Chief. Ha ha, did I fool you? No I really meant Mario. Yes, Mario, Mario, Mario. If you ask any adult with no video game experience at all who is a video game character, they are going to of course answer the Shigeru Miyamoto's short princess saving plumber. Well in this review, I am going to review Super Mario World for the SNES and the GBA (which is pretty much the same game.) Now, let's start with the story. Apparently, while air baloon riding with Mario & Luigi, Princess Peach is captured by the big spiked turtle dude, Bowser and is taken to his castle. After finding out about this, the plumber bros. have to go and save her in a weird world. Now that you have some background let's get on with the juicy stuff, the actual criticizing and the compliments. First, I will start off with the good. The game play is SO fun that you just don't want to put it down. You beat it so many times and just want more. Such as me, now I grew up with this game and I have beaten it about 125 times and still want more. The reason for this is that I don't think I found everything yet. There are so many secret levels and so many hidden shortcuts and various things of that nature it's just so hard to stop playing. One rule in the world of gaming, if you think you have beaten the game, YOU DIDN'T! This means of course (well, in most games) that you haven't found everything you could have done in this game yet. There got to be a shortcut you haven't found or a small important item you haven't gotten yet. That applies to this game to a high extent. Just the other day when I was beating it for say the 110th time I found a whole new level I have never even seen before. It is incredible the hidden things in this game. Ok, I know you don't want to hear me jabbering about hidden things in games all day, so here is the rest of the good things. There are so many levels. There are a ton of levels you can play through smashing the coopas. Oh, I would say maybe from 50-75 levels, but take note, that is an estimate. They are all extremely fun, unique, and very satisfying. Next, the colorful, 2-D environments are very beautiful. It is really eye catching. Very beautiful. There are a lot of enemies with good AI, but not the best. But hey, it's a 90s game, what do you expect. It is pretty good though. They do follow you. The only problem I have with that is that a lot of times when you hit the coopas and hit them into their shell and you are about to hit the shell to shoot at a enemy, IT COMES OUT AND KILLS YOU. Ehh, it's annoying. Um, there are a lot of other things that are good. Ok (dun-dun-dun) it's now time for the bad. Oh, not the dreaded bad. Well, luckily in this one, THERE'S NOTHING. The only thing is the one thing I listed before about the AI and coopa coming out of the shell and killing you. Overall, the game is really good. This is actually one of my favorite games (and no, this verdict is not going to be biased.) So this game is so incredibly simple and very fun. You need to go and pick this one up. Super Mario World gets 5 coopa smashing, pipe traveling, princess saving plumbers, out of 5. Zam, out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Get Firefox!
Firefox Flicks!
Locations of visitors to this page