Gamer Mania 2

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Oh Look A Movie Review Of The Movie Rent

Oh why did I have to watch this movie. I mean I thought the commercials were bad enough getting the song "Seasons of Love" stuck in my head and all day I end up humming the tune and occasionally saying "525,600 minutes." But then my girlfriend made me watch this musical that just blasts tons of music into your head. I mean in this movie they break into song every 2 minutes. Did you know there is only about 20 minutes of talking during the whole 2 hr 15 min. movie? Yes, ONLY 20 MINUTES!! Ok, I'm hitting too hard on this movie. Let me tell you a bit about the story. There are a big group of friends that like each other and most of them have AIDS. Then they sing and sing about some stuff that happens to them. One's named Mark, played by Anthony Rapp, who enjoys making films and he makes one throughout the film of what happens, one is Roger, played by Adam Pascal, who is Mark's HIV positive roommate who need to write a song before the year of 1989 ends, one is Tom (Collins), played by Law & Order's Jessie L. Martin (who surprisingly sings GREAT), who is HIV positive and falls in love with a transvestite named Angel, played by William Jermaine Heredia. Another one in the group is a HIV positive stripper named Mimi, played by Rosario Dawson, who tries to get with Roger. One who was not said to have AIDS or not is Maureen, played by Idina Menzel, who is a leader of a protest which is against a building that is being controlled by their landlord Benny, played by Taye Diggs. Maureen once dated Mark but dumped him for a lawyer named Joanne, played by Tracie Thoms, and they get engaged (which is soon ended by a song). They go through a bunch of stuff like a protest, to dancing and singing on tables to singing at a funeral. So overall, this movie is pretty good. I mean some of the songs you are like, "Hmm, that a pretty good one, I like the toon," but some you just lean back and go "Oh man, I can't believe they have to sing about that." I enjoyed most of this film, its good, but alert before you watch it, there are some crying parts and this movie may get you a bit depressed. You can get this movie on DVD now. But one tip when watching it, after you see it, go to the special features and check out the alternate ending, it is VERY good. Ok, I'm gonna break into song, "The movie RENT gets threeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeee singiiiiiinnnnnggggggggggg HIVeeeeeeeeeee positive friends out of fiiiiiiiiiiiveiiiiiiiiiiiihiiiiiiiiva. (If you didn't get that it's: The movie RENT gets 3 singing HIV positive friends out of 5.)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Get Firefox!
Firefox Flicks!
Locations of visitors to this page