Gamer Mania 2

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Super Mario 64 DS Review

Super Mario 64 DS on the...ummm......DS I thinkOh Mario. Mario Mario Mario. As you may have guessed, I am reviewing a Mario game, Super Mario 64 for the N6......I mean DS. How horrible your first DS game is, I never would have guessed. Nor would I have ever bought it, that's why I didn't, I got it free (and was FORCED to play it because I didn't have any other DS game right away). Well..It's a good game....but it is the exact same as the N64 version. Oh wait it is a little different, you start as Yoshi not Mario (Only difference I notice is one is red and one is green and together they make a christmas tree), but still if you've played the N64 version don't even bother touching this. Speaking of touching, there's nothing to touch (or poke, rub, or slide) in this game, it uses the touch screen little to none. The only thing it uses it for is menus and mini-games, which by the way are the best part of the whole thing (I am talking about the menus not the mini games). The minigames are actually very fun and make good use of the touch screen. Oh yeah and in the actual game you can play as 4 characters, a redI am big fat gray block...FEAR ME!!! plumber, a green plumber, a fat dude, and a green rolly thingy. The graphics are good for the DS though. Mario's hat has never been redder or rounder. The sound, well, it's Mario, and Mario music is madly annoying after a while at least to me. Let's see, there's multiplayer. Yay... I am really very happy and I am just not showing it (not really). Lastly, this game gets old fast. VEERY FAST. I think it got old after 5 minutes but most people say it's more like 2 weeks so I guess I listen to them.There's not much else to this game. It is not really worth $30 for an old game remade with new mini games, also it really doesn't use the touch screen to it's full ability. This would have been better remade for the 'Cube instead of the DS. For non-originality, not using the DS to it's full potential, it just being a plain remake, I give Super Mario 64 DS 2 Mama Mias out of 5. If it was on Gamecube it would be 4 out of 5 but it isn't so, go read a good book, which is just as portable as a DS by the way.

-Ton

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, this game is fun. I don't know why Ton gave it a 2. It is a fun game. But, the problem is that it is a remake. And remakes suck. But i think it still deserves a 3. (But it is not my review).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM  

  • Yes, if you do not have an N64 and liked it then this is worth buying. Also I think it is a bit longer then the N64 version. If it wasn't pretty much a total remake, I wouldn't have given it a 2. The minigames also make it worth buying like I said. If I was reviewing the actual SM64, I would have given it a 4 out of 5, but this is a remake and it's just not innovative.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Get Firefox!
Firefox Flicks!
Locations of visitors to this page