Gamer Mania 2

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ton's Top 5 Games Of All-Time

Like Doug did on Monday, today I'm going to tell you what my top 5 games ever are!

#5: Pokemon Yellow - You can say all you want about Pokemon, but I think this is probably the game I got the most absorbed in in the history of gaming. Not only did I play the game like a religion, but I got into the cards, and went to some tournaments. The problem is like almost anything else, when you get too much, you eventually start to hate it. So now, Pokemon is just a fond memory that I will never go back to.

#4: Spyro - This was the first game I ever got on the PS1, which was when I really started gaming. If I remember correctly this was the only game I had for a very long time, and I think I played this for 2 years quite a lot and never actually beat it. It may not have been the best game ever, but it's got something special with me for all the play time I gave it.

#3: Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - This is the newest game on the list, and I usually wouldn't consider putting something this new on a list of my favorite of all time, but out of all of my recent console games, this is the one that I haven't stopped playing since the release. Just a sign of how much I really enjoy this game is how I bought it on the PS2, then the XBOX, and now I have it on the 360. It was this game that made me realize how important it is to work as a team, in war and in games. I'm sure I've logged over 250 hours in this game through the different platforms. It's not as big of a milestone as the other games on this list, but I haven't gotten so excited about using tactics before, and then so pissed off when I make a wrong move.

#2: Super Smash Bros. Melee - Since 2002, this game has been the coolest party game in the history of forever. I play it a minimum of 10 hours a month, and even more when I get a bunch of people together. The thrill of getting whacked up against the screen with a basball bat by your friend is so cool, and I wish I knew why. The other reason this game is so special to me is not only do I love it, but my girlfriend does too, and it's very rare to find a game that we both enjoy so much, and can spend so much time on together. Bring it on, Brawl.

#1: Legend of Zelda The Ocarina of Time - Yep any surprise here? The story with this game is back when Windwaker came, I got this as a preorder thing for the Gamecube. I had never played a Legend of Zelda game before. After playing this through, on original, and Master Quest, I rebought an N64, NES, and SNES, and went on eBay for every single Zelda game I could find. And I enjoyed every minute of them. All of them. I can't thank OOT enough for making me the Zelda fanboy I am today.

And as a bonus I will give a quick list of the 5 games I'm looking forward to the most...

#5 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
#4 Rainbow Six: Vegas
#3 Battlefield: Bad Company
#2 Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
#1 Assassin's Creed

5 Comments:

  • Good list Zam

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:36 PM  

  • I mean ton

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:36 PM  

  • Assassins Creed looks amazing and is definitely my most wanted game. All those screenshots and game content just really make me play it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:50 PM  

  • @D Zam'll be doing one either today or over the weekend

    @Cat yes it does, I was going to buy a PS3 for that game on its own. Thank the Ubi that it's on 360 too!

    By Blogger Matt, at 3:39 PM  

  • Yep, same here. Thank god it'll be a 360 release. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Get Firefox!
Firefox Flicks!
Locations of visitors to this page