Gamer Mania 2

Monday, October 09, 2006

SmilesD's Top 5 Favorite Games of All-Time

Here are my 5 favorite game of all-time listed in descending order:

5. Tecmo Bowl

This was the first game I was ever truly obsessed with. You couldn't beat the Chicago Bears on there. Walter Payton, Willie Gault, The Fridge, McMahon, Singletary, they were all there. I remember keeping my stats in the cheap ass tablets they used to give us at school. I had pages, and pages of stats from playing that game nonstop. And not just for months, but for years. That was the great thing about Nintendo. You didn't have remakes of game every year. You really got your dollar back when you bought a good Nintendo game. It was around forever.

4. Super Mario Bros. 3

What a great game! I loved this game. I loved the frog Mario, the squirrel Mario, finding the whistles, everything. Of all the NES Mario Bros. games, this was the best.




3. Super Mario 64

Oddly enough, this was the first game to ever come out for the N64, and in many people's eyes, the best. This is a game I can still play to this very day, and rarely does a game entice me to do that anymore. I love the controls, the look, everything about it. Usually, once I complete a mission, I never go back to it. Mario 64 had me going back to repeat missions for years. I still get enjoyment out of this on my DS.

2. Diddy Kong Racing

I love this game. When this comes out for the DS, I'll be the first one buying this bad boy. I can still remember renting it during Christmas break way back when. The levels in this game were great. You flew planes, raced boats, raced cars. You had it all. Even boss battles. Even the two player mode was great. I loved battling my brother, either racing or trying to shoot him and blow up his ballons. Great, great game.

1. Metal Gear Solid

This was the first game I ever played where you actually had to be smart to finish it. No longer where you running around with reckless abandon shooting at everything in your site. No, in this game, stealth was what it was all bout. This was a game of patience and smarts. I'm sure some will say other games have come out that are better, but this was the first of it's kind for me, and it will always be the best.

What are you all-time favorites?

--SmilesD
Writer at Smiles That Kill
Today's feature, Playboy's Mandy Lynn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Get Firefox!
Firefox Flicks!
Locations of visitors to this page